Working From Home
Working from home can be a great change from the busy office life. You may find that you have the opportunity to start some of those projects you’ve had on the back burner for months but haven’t had the opportunity because of the situational needs of the office place. But, ask yourself this question, Is your home office up to the task of being a home office?
There has never been a better time to upgrade your home office tools. You will find many home office sales right now, lots of free shipping, and so many different ways to pay for your new investment. In addition, many employers are offering furniture purchase stipends.
If you’re faced with the challenges of transitioning from a an office space to a home office, we have created a reference guide for the two critical items every home office must have.
An Ergonomic Task Chair – if you can only purchase one item for your home office, make it a great task chair. Have you ever tried to sit for 8 to 10 hours at your dining room table and work on your laptop? If so, you know how uncomfortable wooden chairs can become after just a couple of hours. A good task chair will keep your body pain free day after day.
- The Aeron Chair – The Aeron Chair by Herman Miller is probably the planets most iconic office chair. Although the design of the Aeron chair has remained the same for years, it’s materials and performance features have continually evolved to meet the increasing physical demands of the contemporary work space. With oversite from the chair’s designer, Don Chadwick, Herman Miller has re-engineered every component from the castors up, setting the standard for the modern task chair. The Aeron Chair starts at $995.
- The Sayl Chair – The Sayl Chair is another Herman Miller classic, although quite different from the Aeron Chair. The Sayl chair was designed by Yves Behar, this chair features minimalistic design coupled with maximum functionality. The unique back rest of the Sayl Chair adds an artistic touch to any work space. The tower, back suspension, and the seat color of this chair are all customizable, so you can create the perfect look for your environment. The Herman Miller Sayl Chair starts at $545.
The Leap Office Chair – The Leap Office Chair by Steelcase is known for it’s exceptional range of adjustments. This great office chair can be built to offer full support to wide range of body types. The four guidelines used by Steelcase when designing the Leap Office Chair were Movement, Orientation, Fit, and sustainability. With these guidelines in mind Steelcase set out to deliver a chair made to support the human body. For taller workers, a headrest can be added to the Leap Chair. The base and the upholstery can are both customizable. The Leap Chair starts at $1036.
A Sit-Stand Desk – we have all seen at least one study relating the negative impacts from sitting at a desk for hours every day. You don’t have to be seated to be productive. In fact, there is evidence suggesting that productivity actually increases when workers periodically shift from sitting to standing throughout the work day.
- Float Standing desk – The Float Standing Desk by Humanscale was designed to remove any obstacles to adjusting the units working height. There are absolutely no distracting noisy motors or cranks involved in the adjustment of the FloatDesk. Adjusting this desk from sitting to standing is effortless. The Float was designed with a minimal aesthetic, perfect for any office space. The Humanscale Float Desk starts at $1749.
- Airtouch Standing Desk – The Airtouch Standing Desk by Steelcase goes from seated to standing in 1.2 seconds. The ease of reconfiguration promotes changing positions more often. The table top is laminate and comes in four different color options. The laminate composition is wheatboard, made from 69% recycled materials and is 99% recyclable. The base of the Airtouch Desk is platinum, setting a modern tone. This desk boasts a 50 pound load capacity. The Airtouch Desk starts at $1812.
- Renew Sit-to-Stand Table – The Renew Sit-to-Stand Table by Herman Miller offers a range of adjustments that allows users to precisely select their specific working height. Although this desk is electric, it uses less electricity than a mobile phone charger. This desk automatically adjusts to the perfect height with the touch of a button. The Renew Desk’s slim-profile legs give your feet plenty of room to stretch out while seated. The table top comes in 4 beautiful wood finishes and the legs are available in either black or white. The Renew Sit-to-Stand Table starts at $1880.