Eames Upholstered Molded Plastic Armchair, Dowel Leg Base
from Herman Miller
designed by Charles and Ray Eames
At A Glance: The Eames Upholstered Molded Plastic Armchair with Dowel Leg Base, designed by Charles and Ray Eames, epitomizes their mantra of "the best for the most for the least." The minimalist design and smooth curves of the molded plastic shell are the perfect compliment to the solid wood dowel base.
What's To Like:
- Classic design. The Upholstered Molded Plastic Armchair is recognizable anytime, anyplace - for good reason.
- The Shell Chairs - all of them - were among the first to have comfort as a priority during the design process. Waterfall seat edges and a curvy seat pocket give this chair an easygoing sit.
What's Not to Like:
- There is practically no give in the molded plastic, so attempting to use this chair as a recliner wouldn't be a good idea.
The Bottom Line:
Original design, original comfort, original character. The Eames Upholstered Molded Plastic Armchair's got them in spades. With all the new colors in Herman Miller's Palette, you'll have a great time choosing what vibe you want your armchair to create.
Charles and Ray Eames adapted molding techniques developed during World War II to mass produce this classic design. These molded plastic armchairs are true to the originals and are fully authentic, with updated materials to meet environmental requirements. Their enduring forms and quality construction make them comfortable, durable performers.
31.5" h x 25.25" w x 24" d
- Organic shapes. A clean, simple form sculpted to fit the body; first presented at the Museum of Modern Art in 1948.
- Popular today. The chairs have achieved a pervasive presence that proves the staying power of good design.
- Should you ever need to recycle your chair, it is eligible for Herman Miller's "Take Back" Program - an environmentally sound recycling option.
- Cushioned contact. For extended comfort, the shell is connected to the base by rubber shock mounts.
- Upholstered comfort. You're sitting in style for the long haul - bring on those multiple course meals.
- Glide options. The standard glide is also available with felt to protect hard-surface floors.
The Herman Upholstered Miller Molded Plastic Chair is also known by the following manufacturer Item Number: DAW.U.
Molded plastic frame with wooden legs, metal connecting rods, and fabric upholstery
Overall: 31.5" h x 25.25" w x 24" d
Seat height: 17.5"