TriFlex Polymer Back: The size, shape, and pattern of the holes in the TriFlex back enable the chair to provide unique zonal support for your back, while allowing maximum breathability. Because there is no textile layer, the TriFlex back also meets more rigorous cleaning protocols and offers a 12-year warranty.
Airweave 2 Seat: Distributes your weight evenly to eliminate pressure points, and allows airflow to keep you cool as well as comfortable.
Seat Depth: Adjusts the seat depth so your thighs are properly supported as you sit.
- Fixed Seat Depth: Seat depth is fixed at 16.25 inch depth.
- FlexFront Adjustable Seat Depth: Seat edge adjusts from a depth of 16.25 inch to 18 inch depth to fully support your thighs without putting pressure on the back of your knees.
Tilt: Creates a smooth and balanced feel as you recline, whatever your size or stature - from 90 up to 350 pounds.
- Standard Tilt: Comes with a tilt tension knob, allowing you to adjust the amount of tension needed to recline comfortably while feeling balanced and supported. The Standard Tilt does not have a locking mechanism.
- Tilt Limiter: Limits the recline range to one of three settings: slight, mid-, and full-recline. The tilt tension control lets you adjust the amount of effort needed to recline comfortably while feeling balanced and supported.
- Tilt Limiter with Seat Angle Adjustment: Limits the recline range to one of three settings: slight, mid-, and full-recline. The tilt tension control lets you adjust the amount of effort needed to recline comfortably while feeling balanced and supported. Seat Angle Adjustment changes the angle of the seat from horizontal to a 5-degree forward tilt for people who sit at a slightly forward angle as they work.
Loop Spine: The Loop Spine connects to the chair in only two areas - at the base and at the top of the backrest - which allows flexibility. Without an integral structure, Mirra 2's Butterfly Back can flex as the sitter flexes.
- Non-Adjustable Back Support: Fixed lumbar support offers stationary support in the lumbar region of your back and also includes built in passive PostureFit (molded into the backrest), which properly supports the base of your spine, or sacral region,helping your pelvis maintain a natural forward tilt.
- Adjustable Lumbar Support: The adjustable lumbar support offers a range of 4.5 inch height adjustability and 1 inch depth adjustability. In addition, there is built in passive PostureFit (molded into the backrest), which properly supports the base of your spine, or sacral region, helping your pelvis maintain a natural forward tilt.
- Casters for Carpet: Designed for use on low- to medium-pile carpet, such as commercial or Berber, this 2.5-inch diameter caster has wheels of durable black nylon.
- Casters for Hard Floor or Carpet: A versatile caster that can be used on hard surfaces such as wood, ceramic tile, vinyl tile, or carpeted floors, it is 2.5 inches in diameter and is made of durable black nylon with a soft polyurethane tread. The Soft tread gives the chair better traction and reduces noise on hard surfaces.
Dimensions & Measurements
- Back Height: 38” to 42”
- Back Width: 29”
- Seat Height: 16” to 20.5”
- Seat Depth: 25”
Visit our Shipping and Delivery page to learn more.
- Packaging Dimensions: 40.5” x 28” x 28.5”
- Package Weight: 42 lb
- Light Assembly Required: Yes. Seat back needs to be attached to base.
For any custom options below, call or chat with a product specialist to build.
- TriFlex Back
- Butterfly Back - Custom
- Slate Grey
- Dark Turquoise
- Lime Green
- Studio White
- Urban Orange
- AireWeave 2 Alpine
- AireWeave 2 Slate Grey
- AireWeave 2 Graphite
- AireWeave 2 Lime Green
- AireWeave 2 Cappuccino
- AireWeave 2 Urban Orange
- AireWeave 2 Dark Turquoise
- AireWeave 2 Twilight
- No Additional Support
- Adjustable Lumbar Support
- Standard Tilt
- Tilt Limiter
- Tilt Limiter and Seat Angle
- No Arms
- Fixed Arms
- Adjustable Arms - Custom
- Fixed Seat
- Adjustable Seat
Base / Frame Finish
- Graphite Base / Graphite Frame
- Fog Base / Studio White Frame
- Semi Polished Base / Graphite Frame
- Semi Polished Base / Studio White Frame
- Silver Alloy Base / Graphite Frame - Custom
- Silver Alloy Base / Studio White Frame - Custom
Casters / Glides
- Casters for Carpet (2.5 inch hard caster, black yoke, carpet)
- Casters for Hard Floors or Carpet (2.5 inch caster, black yoke, hard floors or carpet)
- Casters for Hard Floors or Carpet with Quiet Roll (2.5 inch caster, black yoke, hard floors or carpet with Quiet Roll) - Custom
- Casters for Hard Floors or Carpet with Brakes (2.5 inch braking caster, black yoke, hard floors or carpet) - Custom
- Glides for Hard Floors or Carpet (2.5 inch glide, hard floors or carpet) - Custom
PRODUCT DESIGN STORY
The more people move, the more they need support that moves with them.
Ten years after the Mirra chair was introduced—during which over 1.5 million chairs had been sold—the designers of Studio 7.5 believed it was time to evaluate and, if necessary, rethink their original design. For one thing, they noted, work is evolving. People move, and the more they’re in motion, the more they need support that moves with them.
Rethinking an original
Precisely because of the new agile way people work today, the designers found the idea of a highly individualized personal chair is still valid. While Studio 7.5 retained the athletic attitude and intuitive adjustments of the original, they advanced the material and form of this idea in virtually every aspect of Mirra 2.
Testing ideas, full-scale
Using full-scale models, the designers of Studio 7.5 test the validity of a design and its component parts. For Mirra 2, every piece received this tactile, real-world treatment until the most elegant solutions emerged.
Less material, used intelligentlY
Building on its legacy as the first office chair developed from the ground up with environmental responsibility in mind, Mirra 2 moves responsible design forward by advancing the use and reuse of materials. In redesigning Mirra, as in all their work, the mantra at Studio 7.5 was “every molecule counts.” By this they mean a close examination of every element is essential to using the least material possible while also advancing performance.
Burkhard Schmitz and Carola Zwick started their studio as a team of six in Berlin in 1992. The group was looking for the freedom to work on projects that interested them, and for the freedom to do so without bosses or titles.
This is the way they’ve operated ever since. “Everybody does everything,” says Schmitz, speaking for the group that now includes Carola’s brother, Roland Zwick, and a small team of seven. “That’s how we cultivate ideas and maintain our openness and curiosity.”
The group’s name—Studio 7.5—comes from an early idea to rent a 7.5-ton truck, put a model shop in it, and drive from one project site to another. Obviously, freedom of movement is important for these designers. They move freely—and smartly—when designing products for their clients.
The complexity of design problems, Studio 7.5 believes, requires collaboration, and repeated testing of ideas in full-scale models until the most elegant answer emerges. “You really have to work in three dimensions when designing products,” notes Roland. “Computer drawings just don’t give you the feel, the touch, the smell.”
They love designing furniture, or as they prefer to call it, “equipment,” as in the tools people need for the work that they do. They find designing office chairs in particular to be most rewarding and have worked with Herman Miller on the award-winning Setu, Mirra, and Mirra 2 chairs—and now, Cosm. “We define not only how the chair looks but how it performs,” Carola says. As to how Setu, Mirra, and Cosm all perform for you, they provide comfort no matter how or where you sit. “Our goal is to enable people to assume roles similar to that of a craftsman in his shop, surrounded by what he or she needs to be most productive.”
OFFICIAL HERMAN MILLER RETAILER
We're an authorized Herman Miller retailer. This means we're official. We sell new factory-direct items complete with Herman Miller's own 12-year warranty. You can purchase confidently from Office Designs knowing you'll be receiving genuine Herman Miller product.
Herman Miller® is a pioneer in the furniture industry, an innovator whose human-centered, problem-solving approach to design has introduced new ways of living and working for over 100 years. Environmentally-friendly design, lean manufacturing, ergonomics, the open office, even American modernism itself: Herman Miller and our designers have had a hand in shaping it all. In the spirit of our founder, D.J. De Pree, who established a willingness to abandon ourselves creatively to the influence of others, we’ve partnered with the world’s leading designers for generations—from midcentury icons George Nelson, Charles and Ray Eames, and Alexander Girard to Michael Anastassiades, Scholten & Baijings, Yves Béhar, and more of today’s leading design minds. Our work with them continues to explore design as a method of change, and the enriching value authenticity brings to our lives. Together, we’re shaping the new kinds of spaces where people will live and work for years to come.