Nelson Lantern Tripod Lamp
by Herman Miller
At A Glance:
George Nelson designed his famous Nelson Bubble Lamps in 1952. Inspired by silken Swedish hanging lamps, he used newer technologies to replicate the gentle white light that he found so entrancing. Consisting of a sturdy metal frame and plastic shell, these famous light fixtures appear soft yet durable. The organic shape and neutral white color further adds to the timeless and approachable silhouette that these lamps will bring to your home or office.
Someone might ask if you have an automobile air filter on your desk, and you can gently correct them. "No," you can say. "This is a Nelson Lantern Tripod Lamp. If you had an iota of culture, you would know that." Got 'em.
- Overall Dimensions: 12.5" h x 11" w x 11" d
- Lamp stand is constructed of brushed, nickel-plated steel. Bulb is not included.
- Lamp comes in five unique bubble styles: Ball, Cigar (three sizes), Lantern, Pear (two sizes), and Equinox.
- Lamp comes with a 7-foot 6-inch cord. Product is UL-listed (except for the Equinox shape) and rated for bulbs up to 150 watts.
- Designed by George Nelson
- Original production was in 1952
Materials: Plastic coating over a steel wire-frame, brushed, nickel-plated steel
Overall: 12.5" h x 11" w x 11" d
Assembly Required: Yes