Onda Ergonomic Mesh Office Chair
Onda by Via Seating is the perfect balance between form and function. A full mesh task chair, Onda is loaded with standard ergonomic features such as build-in lumbar, high-profile five star swivel base, fully adjustable arms, and reverse locking safety casters suitable for carpet and hardwood floors.
Onda is not only incredibly comfortable, adjustable, and attractive, but with the optional copper infused mesh it's also self sanitizing!
Via Seating has developed a unique copper infused mesh by partnering with Cupron, utilizing their copper-based proprietary and patented technology. The copper mesh works by physically embedding an EPA registered copper into the fibers of our Via Seating copper mesh. Through this process, the copper will not wear off like topically applied alternatives. The result is a self-sanitizing, copper-infused mesh that has strong biocidal, antifungal, and antiviral properties. There are additional anti-odor properties to the copper mesh as well. It is available in natural and black finishes for the following collections.
When one favors ergonomic function and adjustability the design of the chair tends to take a back seat. The converse is also true when aesthetic considerations take the fore front, then the ergonomic function and adjustability become less important. Onda supports both ergonomic and design philosophies and holds both in perfect harmony without any compromise.PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS
- Integrated, adjustable lumbar support
- Open-design, all surface (including hard floor) reverse locking safety casters
- 6D height adjustable arms with integrated, pivoting, arm caps in a black or light grey finish
- Biocidal, self-sanitizing copper colors (black copper mesh and copper striped mesh (optional)
- ANSI/BIFMA X7.1-2011 (R2016) Standard Method equivalent to CDPH Standard Method v1.1-2010 (Clean Air Gold).
- LEED – v4.1 Low Emitting Materials (Clean Air Gold).
- Living Building Challenge (LBC) – Imperative 08 (Clean Air Gold).
- WELL – Feature 04 – VOC Reduction (Clean Air Gold).
- Meets the Practice Greenhealth, Health Care Without Harm Healthy Interiors Criteria for Seating.
Video: Onda Highlights
Dimensions & Measurements
Mid Back Dimensions
High Back Dimensions
- Breadth of line: High back and mid back all mesh chairs.
- Framework: available in black or light grey dipped-look frame colors.
- Mesh: flocked mesh with a soft hand available in 7 colors, featuring two Via original, biocidal, self-sanitizing copper colors (black copper mesh and copper striped mesh).
- Arms: 6D height adjustable arms with integrated, pivoting, arm caps in a black or light grey finish.
- Control mechanisms: featuring quick adjust advanced synchro that uses single rotation adjustments for the back (no endless turning of the handle to adjust your backrest to your level of comfort). Also offering body balance technology options.
- Lumbar: integrated, adjustable lumbar support.
- Bases: featuring a custom, high-profile, five-star swivel base in a black or light grey finish matching the framework for a flawless, dipped-look.
- Casters: Optional black or light grey open-design, all surface (including hard floor) reverse locking safety casters.
- Max weight: 300 lb.
designed by Studio V
Studio V creates modern, sophisticated and original seating solutions that are ergonomic, beautiful and sustainable. This team of engineers and designers are based at the Via Seating Factory in Reno, Nevada, where they develop products using a prototyping lab, the latest in 3D modeling software and a materials testing center.
Care & Maintenance
Mix mild soap and warm water together and using a lint-free cloth, damp it a little bit into the mixture. Dab gently where the stain is located. Use a different, dry, lint-free cloth to dry the area. Repeat if needed.
COPPER STRIPED MESH:
To prevent overall soil, frequently vacuum and lightly brush the best to remove dust and grime buildup. Spot clean with mild soap and water. Infrequent use of a 1:100 bleach to water solution can be used for disinfection of the mesh. The accumulate wet contact time should be limited to a maximum of two hours over the life of the chair. Regular bleach cleaning of this mesh is not recommended.
To get the most out of your casters, it is always good to keep them as clean as possible. Once a month, gently flip your chair over and carefully use tweezers to remove all dirt/hair/debris out of the creases of the caster. Use a lint-free cloth with your preferred cleaning agent and clean the caster thoroughly. Thoroughly dry the caster with another lint-free cloth after.
12-YEAR WARRANTY COVERAGE
All Via Seating products are warrantied for 12 years—including 24/7 use chairs—except where noted. Unless otherwise specified, Via Seating’s proprietary, closed-cell cold-cured, injection molded foam is also warrantied for a period of 12 years.
(not covered under warranty)
• Normal wear and tear, abuse, misuse neglect, items with alterations, unauthorized repairs, damaged by fire, flood or other acts of God will not be covered.
• Puddling or wrinkling of Non-Stock fabrics, leather or vinyl.
• Graded-In, COM/COL textiles.
• Color-fastness or matching of colors patterns or dye lot, including; minor variations, color matches to swatches used for specification purposes and/or prior purchases.
• Products specified outside of those shown in this price list.
• Products with unauthorized repair or alteration.
• Products not cleaned, used maintained or installed in accordance with Via Seating’s applicable guidelines.
• Products exposed to conditions deemed extreme.