Reply Task Chair with Mesh Back
When Steelcase created the Reply family of chairs, its goal was to provide customers with simple comfort and a transparent design. No hard-to-figure-out mechanisms. No complex design features. Reply is a combination of classic style, easy-to-use controls and amazing comfort - that's what makes it so versatile. The Steelcase Reply Chair comes with two back options: fully upholstered and comfortable, imported mesh. The chair's features include:
- Simple, intuitive controls don't require a manual to figure out
- Adjustable tilt tension control the amount of recline
- Height-adjustable lumbar support gives you support where you need it
Whether you're outfitting a home or furnishing a full office, Reply is a classic, timeless option that will fit easily into any setting. Customize your Reply chair to get exactly what you're looking for.
Steelcase Reply Chair Features
Reply is made to support movement and changing positions while still providing all-day comfort. That means it's the ultimate work chair, giving you a place to be productive, engaged and comfortable for hours. With Reply, you can collaborate with colleagues, catch up on emails and meet with clients, all without sacrificing comfort. The chair's features include:
Comfortable Mesh Back
Steelcase imported Reply's breathable mesh from Italy. Woven with chenille yarn, the mesh adjusts with your body to provide an airy and individualized sitting experience.
Simple, Easy-to-Use Adjustments
Reply's effortless usability comes down to its controls - the mechanisms are simple and intuitive, allowing you to make small changes that can improve your comfort astronomically. Controls include adjustments for back height, tilt tension, arm height and seat height. Plus, users can lock the backrest in multiple positions to find the perfect all-day posture.
Designers included a handle at the top of Reply's backrest. This allows sitters to easily move Reply around - roll it into a conference room for a quick brainstorm, or pull it across the office for an impromptu discussion with a colleague.
Reply's look is classically stylish, which makes it extremely versatile. No matter what your other office decor looks like, Reply will fit in seamlessly.
Height-Adjustable Lumbar Support
For extra support, the Reply Chair can be outfitted with Steelcase's height-adjustable lumbar support. This option allows for ultimate lower back support, no matter what position you're in.
- Overall Height: 37.75" to 42.75"
- Overall Depth: 21" to 22.5"
- Seat Height: 16" to 21"
- Seat Depth: 17"
- Seat-to-Back Angle: 97-113 degrees
- Seat Pan Angle: 2-13 degrees
OFFICIAL STEELCASE RETAILER
We're an authorized Steelcase retailer. This means we're official. We sell new factory-direct items complete with Steelcase's own warranty. You can purchase confidently from Office Designs knowing you'll be receiving genuine Steelcase product.
Steelcase leads the way in creating great experiences by offering a range of architecture, furniture and technology products and services designed to help people reach their full potential.
And because protecting the environment is in our DNA, we drive sustainable social, economic and environmental change through our decisions and actions. At Steelcase, we don’t just do what’s right, we do what’s best - for people and for the planet.
Established in 1912 as the Metal Office Furniture Company, our first patent for a metal wastebasket meant safety for office workers. In crowded cities where fires spread quickly, replacing wicker with steel was a lifesaving innovation.
Founders Peter M. Wege, Walter D. Idema and David D. Hunting built the business in Grand Rapids, Michigan - a city then known as “The Furniture City” because of its many wood furniture manufacturers.
By 1919 the company began to establish its dealer network, making desks, cabinets and other products available nationwide. Officially known as Steelcase Inc. beginning in 1954, the company grew globally and executed the largest single shipment in the industry in 1973, providing over 400 truckloads of furniture for Chicago’s Sears Tower. Steelcase became publicly traded in 1998.
We’ve been looking forward since the beginning. From our early years to 21st-century breakthroughs, Steelcase turns insights into innovations and pushes limits to transform and reimagine the workplace.
Care InstructionsBasic maintenance should be done on chair upholstery, finishes, controls, base, and other moving parts once a year. More frequently with heavy use.
Removing fabric upholstery stains or heavy soil:
- Soak up excess any stain with a cloth. Do not dry the stain completely or it may set.
- For most water-borne stains (coffee, fruit juice, washable ink), use an upholstery cleaning solution and follow package directions.
- For oil-borne stains, use a dry-cleaning solution at room temperature (never hot) and allow solution to work into stain. Using quick, light strokes, brush stain with a soft bristle brush. Work from outside toward the center to prevent rings. Avoid vigorous rubbing which may damage the nap or force the stain more deeply into the material. Soak up remaining dry-cleaning solution and sponge the fabric with cool water.
- Allow fabric to dry completely, then vacuum thoroughly. If stain is still evident, repeat procedure. Several light applications of cleaning solution are more effective/less damaging than one heavy application.