WHAT IS ROUTE?
Route is a branded tracking experience that can be accessed on the web, in the Route app, or by receiving updates via text message. With Route, we automatically send you real-time shipping updates so you can track your order until it delivers.
How Does Route Work?
If your Route-protected order ends up lost, damaged, or stolen, Route’s expert support team helps ensure that your order gets replaced or refunded as preferred. Claims will be reviewed for approval within 1-2 business days from filing.
Need to file a claim? File here
AN ECO-FRIENDLY CHOICE!
Add Green Package Protection at Checkout
Route partners with merchants to neutralize your shipping emissions when you order "Green Package Protection" at checkout. "Green Package Protection" shipping includes package protection against loss, theft or damage, with the additional benefit that your shipment is carbon neutral. Simply shop from any merchant who offers Route package protection - and you’re automatically taking instant climate action – no donation required.
Carbon Neutral Shipping
Route is covering the cost to neutralize shipping emissions when you add "Green Package Protection" at checkout. "Green Package Protection" Shipping includes package protection at the same cost as before, with the additional benefit that your shipment is carbon neutral. By adding Green Package Protection to your cart, you're automatically taking instant climate action – no donation required.
Where is my order?
How does Route process refunds or reorders?
Refunds: When refunding an item, Route covers the subtotal, shipping, and taxes
In both cases, the Route Premium cost will not be refunded
Reorders: Route will reorder the items, depending on in-stock availability. Unavailable items will be refunded. Route will cover the cost of any reorders including shipping, taxes, and Route Shipping Protection
When should I file a claim?
Marked As Delivered (Stolen)
- Claims will be reviewed no earlier than 5 calendar days and no later than 15 calendar days from when it was marked delivered
- Please note, some order issues may require a police report to be filed
Stuck In Transit (Lost)
- For domestic orders, claims will be reviewed no earlier than 2 calendar days and no later than 30 calendar days from the last update. The maximum filing time is 60 days from the order date
- For international orders, claims will be reviewed no earlier than 20 calendar days and no later than 30 calendar days from the last update. The maximum filing time is 60 days from the order date
- Claims for damaged items require photos of the packaging and item(s) and must be filed no later than 15 calendar days from when it was marked delivered.
All of Route’s policies are listed here
Is the tracking service free?
Yes! All orders can be tracked using Route as long as the carrier is supported by Route. If the carrier is not supported, you will receive an email from our shipping team with more information on how to track your order.
Is the route app needed to track my order?
No, it's not needed. You can track your order from one of the Route notification emails that you will receive. However, the Route app will show all of your purchases from companies supported by Route in one place, so it can be helpful to have!
What happens if I purchase Route protection and my item arrives damaged?
You can locate the Route claims form here. You will have also received a Route email with a claims link in it, and you can click on the link and file a claim directly with Route. Route will fully replace your item or provide a refund. Example of what the claim link looks like in the email:
What happens if I purchase Route protection and then decide I don't want it?
You can cancel Route insurance without canceling the entire order as long as it is canceled before the order ships. When your order ships, the Route coverage has been used, so it cannot be canceled.
If the order shows up undamaged but you would just like to return the order, the Route insurance would not be refunded because tracking insurance was consumed.
IMPORTANT DEADLINES FOR REPORTING AN ISSUE TO ROUTE:
All issues must be reported within 60 days of the order date. Please ensure you report an issue within the respective deadlines:
- Damaged: Within 15 days of when the package was marked delivered
- Lost (domestic): Between 7* and 30 days from the last tracking update
- Lost (international): Between 20* and 30 days from the last tracking update
- Stolen: Between 5* and 15 days of when the package was marked delivered
*Route requires these wait-to-file periods for stolen and lost orders as packages are sometimes delayed in transit or prematurely marked as delivered.