Sapper™ XYZ® Monitor Arm by Knoll®
Designed Richard Sapper
Sapper XYZ moves beyond the traditional X and Y axis range of motion, offering fluid 3D movement on multiple axes. The inventive design features one-touch adjustability to offer an exceptionally responsive experience.
When Marketing asked Knoll Director of Design Benjamin Pardo to develop a new monitor arm collection — something that would be simple and intuitive without sacrificing usability — he immediately thought of Richard Sapper.
Sapper designed his eponymous chair for Knoll in 1979, a product celebrated for its quiet style and sensible control mechanisms. Pardo: “Here was an opportunity to work on a kinetic object with a guy who does that absolutely wonderfully.” Sapper’s signature refined aesthetic brought simplicity and intelligence to a category crowded with overly-complicated, ill-considered designs. The Sapper™ Monitor Arm Collection sets a new standard for intuitive functionality, ease of reconfiguration and unobtrusive visual elegance, or as Sapper put it himself, “Everything is done so it explains itself.”
- Table clamp works on most solid core worksurfaces or desks that are 1 1/8" - 2 3/4" thick
- Fixed mount requires permanent hole in worksurface
- Grommet mount requires 3" x 1 3/4" permanent cutout in the worksurface (actual hole in the grommet plate is 1.44" x 1.77")
- NOTE: The worksurface must be of adequate structure; Knoll cannot be held responsible for the structural integrity of non-Knoll worksurfaces
- Holds up to 20 lbs, which accommodates up to 95% of the monitors on the market
- Pneumatic gas cylinder offers unparalleled one-touch adjustment
- Ships standard with fast release movement joint
- 360 degrees of pivot at both the base and the elbow joint
- 153 degrees of monitor tilt up and down, 180 degrees of swivel left and right and 360 degrees of rotation for portrait or landscape viewing
- Approximately 21" of depth adjustment and 13” of height adjustment
- Folds into itself to be highly compact (less than 3” when fully compressed)
- Durable and lightweight - weighs only 4 lbs
- Incorporates easy-to-use external cable management which keeps wires tidy and accessible
- GREENGUARD Certified
- Made with 95% recyclable material
- Can contribute to achieving LEED points
- Made with 63% recycled material
- Made with 85% recyclable material
We're an authorized Knoll retailer. This means we're official. We sell new factory-direct chairs complete with Knoll's own 12-year warranty. You can purchase confidently from Smart Furniture knowing you'll be receiving genuine Knoll product.
- Made with 95% recyclable material
- No PVCs
About the Designer
Richard Sapper’s diverse training in philosophy, anatomy, business, and engineering at the University of Munich has shaped his successful design career ― one which has been dedicated to finding simple, efficient solutions to technically complex problems. His expansive portfolio includes electronics, bicycles, cars, lighting, cookware, and furniture, all of which encompass his ability to synergize art and engineering to deliver thoughtful solutions in handsome packages. Born in Germany but based in Milan, Sapper accents German efficiency with hints of Italian flare.
Sapper is the recipient of 10 Compasso d’Oro prizes, Italy’s most prestigious industrial design award, and more than fifteen of his product designs are in the collection of The Museum of Modern Art, New York, including the Lambda Chair and the Sapper Monitor Arm. His most notable products are the Tizio lamp (Artemide) and the IBM Thinkpad. Additionally, he has designed for Fiat, Allessi, and Gavina.
Warranty: With limited exceptions, Knoll monitor arms are covered by a 10-year warranty.
This warranty does not apply to:
- Normal wear and tear or acts or omissions of parties other than Seller (including user modification, improper use or installation of Products).
- COM or other third party materials applied to Products.
- Products not installed by or under the auspices of a Knoll Dealer, or Knoll’s white glove agent network.
- Dramatic temperature variations or exposure to unusual conditions.
- Changes in surface finishes, including colorfastness due to aging or exposure to light.
- Except as specifically noted above, textiles and upholstery supplied by KnollTextiles (consult current KnollTextiles price list for applicable warranty).
- Natural variations occurring in wood, marble, and leather shall not be considered defects, and the Seller does not guarantee the colorfastness or matching of the colors, grains or textures, or surface hardness of such materials. The Seller also does not guarantee the colorfastness of fiberglass panel surfaces.