Series 1 Chair
Steelcase Series 1 delivers on what's important-- performance, style and options. It retains the durability and comfortability of Steelcase, while making it affordable and attainable for everyone. Designed with a lightweight, slim profile for today's smaller office footprint, Series 1 offers a quality of chair uncommon to this class of seating. Steelcase made an affordable chair without compromising ergonomics, comfort, and all day support.
The Series 1 Chair offers 11 mix-and-match knit, flexor, and lumbar color options, and a wide range of shell and finish options that enable organizations to express their brand in a way that represents them better than any old office chair ever could. Plus, its available in a stool height for use at any work station.
- Integrated Liveback Technology with Adjustable Lumbar Support - Allows the chairback to change shape and mimics the user's spine as it moves throughout the day. Contours to fit a user's spine through a system of flexors tucked neatly inside the backrest, offering continuous lower-back support as you move in your chair.
- 4D Adjustable Arms - Move in height, width and depth, and pivot to better support the user's neck and shoulders. The cantilevered arm design encourages postural change.
- Adaptive Bolstering - Adaptive bolstering in the seat cushion creates a custom comfort pocket. The seat foam is cored (small cylinders are cut out of it) to allow for more compression in some areas of the seat than others. This allows the Series 1 Chair's foam seat to adapt to your unique size and shape.
- Weight Activated Mechanism - Allows for quick, intuitive seat adjustments.
- Allows the seat to be positioned forward or backward for long-term comfort.
- Back Tension and Back Angle - Turn the dial to one of the three comfort settings:
- Upright back lock
- Full recline with weight-activated tension and boost
- Full recline with weight-activated tension
- Optional headrest available - Ships separately. Please note, headrest may arrive 1 to 2 weeks after chair.
Materials: Plastic, Cogent Connect Fabric, Mesh
Overall: 23.75" H x 27" W x 41.25" D
Overall Product Weight: 69
Seat Height: 21"
Seat Depth: 18"
Arm Height: 32"
Overall depth: 21″ to 23.75″
Overall Width: 23.5" to 27"
Overall Height: 36.5" to 41.25"
Seat Depth: 18.5"
Functional Seat Depth: 15.75" to 18"
Seat Width: 19.2"
Seat Height from Floor: 16.6" to 21.5"
Back Lumbar Height: 6.5" to 8.75"
Width Between Arms: 16" to 20"
Arm to Floor: 23.5" to 32.75" (13.75" to 28.75" including pivot)
Arm to Floor: 23.5" to 32.75"
Arm Height from Seat: 6.5" to 11.5"
Arm Cap Pivot Range: +/- 40º
Angle Between Seat and Back: 100º to 124º
Seat Pan Angle: 2º
Assembly Required: Yes�
OFFICIAL STEELCASE RETAILER
We're an authorized Steelcase retailer. This means we're official. We sell new factory-direct items complete with Steelcase's own warranty. You can purchase confidently from Office Designs knowing you'll be receiving genuine Steelcase product.
Steelcase leads the way in creating great experiences by offering a range of architecture, furniture and technology products and services designed to help people reach their full potential.
Our comprehensive portfolio is anchored by three core brands: Steelcase, Coalesse and Turnstone. Together with our partners, we design spaces to help people work, learn and heal.
And because protecting the environment is in our DNA, we drive sustainable social, economic and environmental change through our decisions and actions. At Steelcase, we don’t just do what’s right, we do what’s best - for people and for the planet.
Established in 1912 as the Metal Office Furniture Company, our first patent for a metal wastebasket meant safety for office workers. In crowded cities where fires spread quickly, replacing wicker with steel was a lifesaving innovation.
Founders Peter M. Wege, Walter D. Idema and David D. Hunting built the business in Grand Rapids, Michigan - a city then known as “The Furniture City” because of its many wood furniture manufacturers.
By 1919 the company began to establish its dealer network, making desks, cabinets and other products available nationwide. Officially known as Steelcase Inc. beginning in 1954, the company grew globally and executed the largest single shipment in the industry in 1973, providing over 400 truckloads of furniture for Chicago’s Sears Tower. Steelcase became publicly traded in 1998.
We’ve been looking forward since the beginning. From our early years to 21st-century breakthroughs, Steelcase turns insights into innovations and pushes limits to transform and reimagine the workplace.
Global Products Warranty
Americas Limited Lifetime Warranty
Use the Global Products Warranty when you purchase select products for install around the world where the same warranty is required, regardless of location. Refer to the Global Products Warranty for a list of global products. Products that are not included in the Global Products Warranty are considered regional products and will continue to be covered under existing Americas Limited Lifetime Warranty. Surface materials will continue to be covered in the regional warranties.